Creating BU’s Future Today: DL&I 2020 Annual Report
When describing one of the most tumultuous years in BU’s history, Chris Dellarocas, associate provost for Digital Learning & Innovation (DL&I), says two words come to mind: gratitude and anticipation.
“In the midst of a uniquely challenging situation, BU has shown an immensely rewarding strength of collaboration,” Dellarocas shares in the DL&I 2020 Annual Report. “Our faculty overcame many hurdles and false starts, discovering creative ways that using technology and blending in-person and remote learning can benefit our students, even after the COVID crisis is over.”
Throughout 2020, DL&I played a central role in several extraordinary University efforts including:
- transitioning to remote teaching and learning in March 2020,
- developing and transitioning to the Learn from Anywhere instructional model,
- producing BU’s Questrom School of Business’ fully online, low-cost MBA program,
- supporting the implementation of BU’s first virtual Student Orientation,
- launching the Remote & Hybrid Teaching & Learning Lightning Talks speaker series.
“Tasked with mission-critical projects, every single member of the DL&I team had to work harder than ever before, and they all delivered in spades,” Dellarocas adds. “The same is true of our colleagues at Information Services & Technology (IS&T), other units of the Office of the Provost, and the dozens of faculty and administrators at our Schools and Colleges—all of whom worked together to keep the education of our students uninterrupted.”
Watch videos and read about DL&I initiatives, programs, and partnerships in the 2020 Annual Report.