Digital Fluency Series: Adobe
Everywhere, All of the Time: Digital Literacy across the Curriculum
UNC Chapel Hill is reimagining teaching and learning for a new generation of students with innovative approaches and within emerging contexts. This talk will describe how UNC Chapel Hill partnered with Adobe Systems to launch a Digital Literacy initiative across the curriculum, with a focus on the required first-year composition course as the manifold to literacy throughout the campus and all disciplines. “Everywhere, All of the Time” tells the story of how professional-grade creative tools can be used to promote critical thinking, reading, and writing in any course, discipline, or curriculum.
Todd Taylor is Eliason Distinguished Professor of English and the Director of the Writing Program at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. His major publications include The Columbia Guide to Online Style, Literacy Theory in the Age of the Internet, and Take 20. He has championed student service-learning documentary filmmaking and digital publication since 1999, and he is currently finishing a multimedia database of 100 interviews with undergraduate writers in a resource forthcoming from Bedford/St. Martin’s.
Light refreshment will be served!
- Date: May 15, 2017
- Time: 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Location: Boston University Hillel House, 4th Floor, 213 Bay State Road, MA 02215
- BU Shuttle: St. Mary’s Street
- Green Line-B: Boston Univ. East
- Bus 57: Commonwealth Ave. @ Hinsdale St.
- Parking: Meter parking on street may be available. Paid parking available in Warren Towers parking lot, 700 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, MA 02215