How can technology enhance our assessments?
One of the most important parts of our work is making sure that our practices have a positive effect
- Did I accomplish the goal I set out toward at the beginning of the semester?
- Did I work toward that goal in the most effective way possible?
- Where could I look to improve my practices?
These questions must be answered no matter what department, college, or context our work takes place in at BU. Deeply examining the real effects of our practices are part of what helps make Boston University the trusted institution that it is today. At EdTech we support several platforms that help BU faculty, staff, and students better reflect on their workflow and strive toward improved practices in the future.
Assessment Platforms at BU
- Use Digication to create ePortfolios
- Use in-class polling to gauge real-time comprehension of content
- Use Turnitin Feedback Studio to expedite essay grading and simultaneously provide a wealth of resources for your students to improve their writing
Support for Assessments
IS&T provides trainings in all of these technologies, and EdTech runs a community of practice for Digication. For more information about joining EdTech communities of practice or to schedule a one-on-one consultation about your assessment practices, reach out through the firstname.lastname@example.org email.
- Oct 1, 2019
Teaching with Technology Festival Keynote Spotlight
Learn more about Teaching with Technology Festival keynote speaker...
- Sep 22, 2019
POV: Affordable Degrees at Scale
Boston University is boldly entering the affordable/at scale degree...
- Sep 22, 2019
The Rise of Google in K-12
Today's K-12 students and the technology they use, are the tools BU students...
- Aug 21, 2019
POV: Managing Student Anxiety & Unlocking Creativity
The World Economic Forum predicts that creativity and innovation...