How can technology enhance our assessments?
One of the most important parts of our work is making sure that our practices have a positive effect
- Did I accomplish the goal I set out toward at the beginning of the semester?
- Did I work toward that goal in the most effective way possible?
- Where could I look to improve my practices?
These questions must be answered no matter what department, college, or context our work takes place in at BU. Deeply examining the real effects of our practices are part of what helps make Boston University the trusted institution that it is today. At EdTech we support several platforms that help BU faculty, staff, and students better reflect on their workflow and strive toward improved practices in the future.
Assessment Platforms at BU
- Use Digication to create ePortfolios
- Use in-class polling to gauge real-time comprehension of content
- Use Turnitin Feedback Studio to expedite essay grading and simultaneously provide a wealth of resources for your students to improve their writing
Support for Assessments
IS&T provides trainings in all of these technologies, and EdTech runs a community of practice for Digication. For more information about joining EdTech communities of practice or to schedule a one-on-one consultation about your assessment practices, reach out through the firstname.lastname@example.org email.
- March 7, 2018
Global Health Online Courses Aid Medical Students in Low-Resource Study Abroad Settings
According to the Journal of Travel Medicine, published by...
- February 26, 2018
MicroMaster’s Course “Digital Transformation Strategy” Begins Third Run
BU’s Questrom School of Business and Digital Education Incubator...
- February 20, 2018
DEI and College of Communication Co-Develop COM Beyond Lifelong Learning Portal
The Digital Education Incubator (DEI) is pleased to announce...
- February 20, 2018
Preventing Student Depression & Anxiety
College students are at high risk for mental health...