How can technology enhance our assessments?
One of the most important parts of our work is making sure that our practices have a positive effect
- Did I accomplish the goal I set out toward at the beginning of the semester?
- Did I work toward that goal in the most effective way possible?
- Where could I look to improve my practices?
These questions must be answered no matter what department, college, or context our work takes place in at BU. Deeply examining the real effects of our practices are part of what helps make Boston University the trusted institution that it is today. At EdTech we support several platforms that help BU faculty, staff, and students better reflect on their workflow and strive toward improved practices in the future.
Assessment Platforms at BU
- Use Digication to create ePortfolios
- Use in-class polling to gauge real-time comprehension of content
- Use Turnitin Feedback Studio to expedite essay grading and simultaneously provide a wealth of resources for your students to improve their writing
Support for Assessments
IS&T provides trainings in all of these technologies, and EdTech runs a community of practice for Digication. For more information about joining EdTech communities of practice or to schedule a one-on-one consultation about your assessment practices, reach out through the email@example.com email.
- Dec 1, 2020
Creating BU’s Future Today: DL&I 2020 Annual Report
2020 was an unprecedented year. Read about Digital Learning...
- Nov 25, 2020
Chris Dellarocas named INFORMS Information System Society Distinguished Academic Fellow
Chris Dellarocas, Associate Provost of Digital Learning & Innovation...
- Nov 16, 2020
7 Ways to Improve Grading Online: Turnitin and Google Assignments
Access this list of 7 ways to improve grading...
- Nov 16, 2020
Re-envisioning Assessment of Student Learning in Remote & Hybrid Modalities: A Time for Opportunities
In this point of view, Dr. Pary Fassihi, faculty...