How can technology enhance our assessments?
One of the most important parts of our work is making sure that our practices have a positive effect
- Did I accomplish the goal I set out toward at the beginning of the semester?
- Did I work toward that goal in the most effective way possible?
- Where could I look to improve my practices?
These questions must be answered no matter what department, college, or context our work takes place in at BU. Deeply examining the real effects of our practices are part of what helps make Boston University the trusted institution that it is today. At EdTech we support several platforms that help BU faculty, staff, and students better reflect on their workflow and strive toward improved practices in the future.
Assessment Platforms at BU
- Use Digication to create ePortfolios
- Use in-class polling to gauge real-time comprehension of content
- Use Turnitin Feedback Studio to expedite essay grading and simultaneously provide a wealth of resources for your students to improve their writing
Support for Assessments
IS&T provides trainings in all of these technologies, and EdTech runs a community of practice for Digication. For more information about joining EdTech communities of practice or to schedule a one-on-one consultation about your assessment practices, reach out through the email@example.com email.
- May 21, 2019
Blackboard Buddies: a resource for faculty
EdTech is delighted to announce Blackboard Buddies, a program...
- May 17, 2019
2019 Creative Jam @BU Celebrates Diversity & Inclusion
Digital Learning & Innovation recognizes nearly 30 Boston University...
- May 14, 2019
Annual Educational Innovation Conference “celebrates, inspires, informs”
Learn about Boston University's Annual Educational Innovation Conference hosted...
- Nov 6, 2018
Five Years of MOOCs at BU
What are the benefits of MOOCs? Several online learners...