How can technology enhance our assessments?
One of the most important parts of our work is making sure that our practices have a positive effect
- Did I accomplish the goal I set out toward at the beginning of the semester?
- Did I work toward that goal in the most effective way possible?
- Where could I look to improve my practices?
These questions must be answered no matter what department, college, or context our work takes place in at BU. Deeply examining the real effects of our practices are part of what helps make Boston University the trusted institution that it is today. At EdTech we support several platforms that help BU faculty, staff, and students better reflect on their workflow and strive toward improved practices in the future.
Assessment Platforms at BU
- Use Digication to create ePortfolios
- Use in-class polling to gauge real-time comprehension of content
- Use Turnitin Feedback Studio to expedite essay grading and simultaneously provide a wealth of resources for your students to improve their writing
Support for Assessments
IS&T provides trainings in all of these technologies, and EdTech runs a community of practice for Digication. For more information about joining EdTech communities of practice or to schedule a one-on-one consultation about your assessment practices, reach out through the firstname.lastname@example.org email. You can also reference the Center for Teaching & Learning’s Options for Assessment Tasks page for more detail on remote assessment strategies.
- Feb 19, 2021
INSIDE LOOK at COM Continuing Education
Read about COM Continuing Education—a stand-alone website supported by...
- Feb 17, 2021
Lightning Talks: Remote & Hybrid Teaching & Learning Spring 2021 Speaker Series
The Remote & Hybrid Teaching & Learning Lightning Talks...
- Feb 11, 2021
Adobe Catalyst Program: Meet the Mentors 2021
BU’s CTL and DL&I Adobe Catalyst Spring 2021 Program...
- Feb 1, 2021
Building Questrom’s Online MBA
With support from DL&I’s Digital Initiatives and Educational Technology...