How can technology enhance our assessments?
One of the most important parts of our work is making sure that our practices have a positive effect
- Did I accomplish the goal I set out toward at the beginning of the semester?
- Did I work toward that goal in the most effective way possible?
- Where could I look to improve my practices?
These questions must be answered no matter what department, college, or context our work takes place in at BU. Deeply examining the real effects of our practices are part of what helps make Boston University the trusted institution that it is today. At EdTech we support several platforms that help BU faculty, staff, and students better reflect on their workflow and strive toward improved practices in the future.
Assessment Platforms at BU
- Use Digication to create ePortfolios
- Use in-class polling to gauge real-time comprehension of content
- Use Turnitin Feedback Studio to expedite essay grading and simultaneously provide a wealth of resources for your students to improve their writing
Support for Assessments
IS&T provides trainings in all of these technologies, and EdTech runs a community of practice for Digication. For more information about joining EdTech communities of practice or to schedule a one-on-one consultation about your assessment practices, reach out through the email@example.com email.
- December 13, 2017
Creating for 360 Degrees: Designing UX and Environments for Virtual Reality
Interest is growing in how virtual reality can play...
- December 7, 2017
Incubating New Ideas to Solve the Innovation Paradox
Every university faces what authors Brosnan, Udas, and Wade...
- December 6, 2017
Attend Zspace Session on Augmented and Virtual Reality-based Learning
Digital Learning & Innovation has invited ZSpace experts to demonstrate the latest in...
- November 27, 2017
BU Hub Updates for Proposers
There are newly-updated General Education Committee (GEC) Guidelines for...