How can technology enhance our assessments?
One of the most important parts of our work is making sure that our practices have a positive effect
- Did I accomplish the goal I set out toward at the beginning of the semester?
- Did I work toward that goal in the most effective way possible?
- Where could I look to improve my practices?
These questions must be answered no matter what department, college, or context our work takes place in at BU. Deeply examining the real effects of our practices are part of what helps make Boston University the trusted institution that it is today. At EdTech we support several platforms that help BU faculty, staff, and students better reflect on their workflow and strive toward improved practices in the future.
Assessment Platforms at BU
- Use Digication to create ePortfolios
- Use in-class polling to gauge real-time comprehension of content
- Use Turnitin Feedback Studio to expedite essay grading and simultaneously provide a wealth of resources for your students to improve their writing
Support for Assessments
IS&T provides trainings in all of these technologies, and EdTech runs a community of practice for Digication. For more information about joining EdTech communities of practice or to schedule a one-on-one consultation about your assessment practices, reach out through the firstname.lastname@example.org email. You can also reference the Center for Teaching & Learning’s Options for Assessment Tasks page for more detail on remote assessment strategies.
- Apr 23, 2021
Stepping Out From Emergency Remote Teaching: What Can Learning Analytics Tell Us?
Boston University Educational Technology Data Modeler and Developer Qiyuan...
- Apr 22, 2021
POV Cultivating Transferrable Digital Skills: Modeling Multimodality in Teaching
In this Point of View, BU Center for Teaching...
- Apr 22, 2021
In The Classroom & In The Workspace: 7 Easy-to-Implement Sustainable Actions
Earth Day is everyday. Access this list of 7...
- Mar 25, 2021
Q&A: Exploring Alumni Mentoring at BU
Learn about the Digital Learning & Innovation Incubator-supported pilot...