In this 75 min hands-on workhsop, partcipant are given an InDesign template, which scaffolds their introduction to a professional design tool and gives them a jumping-off point for designing their article.
We will cover
- File management
- Template tour and layouts
- Setting and editing title page and spread.
- Placing text and images in a frame
- Applying text styles,
- Formatting text and paragraph alignment
- Color Theme Tool and swatches.
- Export to PDF and publish
The example shown is an article for the popular science magazine, but the sample template can be adapted to any magazine or journal that makes sense in your course or discipline. Participants can feel free to bring their own articles and images to work with.