Free Tool for Writing Data Management Plans
Over the last few weeks the Boston University Libraries have been evaluating a tool, free to the BU community, for creating, writing, and editing data management plans called the DMPTool. As many of you might be aware data management plans are increasingly required from funding agencies and institutions. However, what is included in a data management plan often varies from funder to funder, which can make writing them a bit of a headache. The DMPTool is one solution to this problem.
Created by the California Digital Library the DMPTool allows you to:
- collaboratively write data management plans
- find templates from numerous funders
- find public data management plans for reviewing
- obtain assistance and get feedback on writing a data management plan
- find data management resources and tips