Sunsetting: End of life for CaptureSpace
Kaltura introduced CaptureSpace back in 2015 and the company was excited to offer an easy way to create rich media right from your desktop. While the capture tool has served them well, effective June 30, 2019, CaptureSpace will no longer be available.
About the replacement
Video is an integral part of communicating in today’s workplace. Designed with you in mind, Kaltura Personal Capture offers users a simpler, more intuitive workflow and cohesive design encouraging more video creation than ever before.
Kaltura first introduced the new personal capture app back in 2017. At the time, the tool was only in a demo version. A year later, Boston University’s video user group was asked to become beta testers. The group was quite happy to help Kaltura improve this app. Kaltura Personal Capture is full of great features.
‘Capturing’ the benefits
If you haven’t made the leap yet, it’s time. Fortunately, it’s easy! Since both tools upload videos to the same place, everything your users created and uploaded from CaptureSpace is already where it needs to be. No file migration necessary.
Here are some of the great features of Kaltura Personal Capture:
- Content creators capture multi-stream recordings synchronized with a PowerPoint presentation or screen capture.
- Viewers can navigate within the interactive video player to desired content, search through slide text, switch between video streams, and view picture in picture.
- Intuitive user interface: one click to record, with no extra setup or learning curve
- Capture multi-stream recordings synchronized with a PowerPoint presentation and screen capture
- Content creation can be done offline, on the go, for future upload
- Support on both Windows and Mac
- Online video editing
- Viewers can navigate within the interactive video player to desired content, search through slide text, switch between video streams, and view picture in picture
- User-centric design for easy creation of professional-looking video presentations
- Automatic slide detection, chaptering and recommended tags
- Annotations, including drawing and arrows, and highlighted mouse clicks
- Leverages the rest of Kaltura’s wide range of tools for enrichment and deployment, including captions, quizzes, calls-to-action, editing, and more
These are just a few of the great features that make this native app by Kaltura great. We hope you enjoy using this great tool.
Learn more about Digital Learning & Innovation, or to schedule an appointment with an Educational Technologist, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Author: Wendell Seale is Senior Platform Administrator, Video Streaming, and has more than a ten year track record of proven leadership in video and audio production in higher education.
Photo courtesy of Wendell Seale. Location: Pebbles Beach, St. Michael, Barbados.