Funding and Assistance for BU Faculty, Administrators, and Postdoctoral Fellows
Digital Learning & Innovation was established in 2016 to strengthen Boston University’s position as a world-class higher education institution devoted to learning innovation. Our objective is to keep BU competitive in a changing world by:
- Improving faculty experiences
- Increasing student engagement and success
- Supporting recruitment and retention, and
- Making better use of all our learning resources
Our mission is to harness the opportunities of digital technologies and pedagogical innovations to ensure that Boston University retains and strengthens its position as a world-class educational institution in the face of systemic transformation in higher education.
Helping Faculty Thrive in the Emerging BU Learning Environment
DL&I is managed by the Office of the Associate Provost for Digital Learning & Innovation. We provide consulting, funding, project management, and training to help all of BU embrace student-centered learning, including learning that is facilitated by technology.
We coordinate and collaborate with other online and digital programs at BU. Through our Pedagogy partnership with The Center for Teaching & Learning, our Technology team, and our Innovation team, we offer:
- Innovative pilots and experiments to engage residential and distance learners
- Blended classrooms and hybrid curricula
- Fully online courses and certificate programs
- Technology-enabled mentoring and collaboration
- Video production capability to aid in developing multimedia class materials
- Sep 23, 2021
Inside Look at Prepare with CARE: Chemistry Active-learning Resources for Educators
Learn about the DL&I Incubator CARE project from project...
- Sep 17, 2021
Lightning Talks Fall 2021 Speaker Series: Exploring Innovations in Teaching & Technology
The Lightning Talks series is a reflection and learning...
- Aug 31, 2021
7 Most Popular Faculty Guides Fall 2021
BU's Digital Learning & Innovation highlights the top 7...
- Aug 25, 2021
Back to the Classroom, Not Back to the Old Routines
In this point of view, BU Digital Learning &...