Digital Learning & Innovation was established in 2016 to strengthen Boston University’s position as a world-class higher education institution devoted to learning innovation. Our objective is to keep BU competitive in a changing world by:
- Improving faculty experiences
- Increasing student engagement and success
- Supporting recruitment and retention, and
- Making better use of all our learning resources
Our mission is to harness the opportunities of digital technologies and pedagogical innovations to ensure that Boston University retains and strengthens its position as a world-class educational institution in the face of systemic transformation in higher education.
Helping Faculty Thrive in the Emerging BU Learning Environment
DL&I is managed by the Office of the Associate Provost for Digital Learning & Innovation. We provide consulting, funding, project management, and training to help all of BU embrace student-centered learning, including learning that is facilitated by technology.
We coordinate and collaborate with other online and digital programs at BU. Through our Pedagogy team The Center for Teaching & Learning, our Technology team Educational Technology/EdTech, our Innovation team Digital Initiatives, we offer:
- Innovative pilots and experiments to engage residential and distance learners
- Blended classrooms and hybrid curricula
- Fully online courses and certificate programs
- Technology-enabled mentoring and collaboration
- Video production capability to aid in developing multimedia class materials
- Jun 18, 2020
Learn from Anywhere: Pedagogical Partnerships in a Time of Questions
In this Point of View, Dr. Deborah Breen, director...
- Jun 15, 2020
Q&A with Metcalf Award Recipient Courtney Goto
In this Q&A, School of Theology and 2020 Metcalf...
- May 9, 2020
Lightning Talks: Remote Teaching & Learning Speaker Series 2020
The Remote Teaching & Learning Lightning Talks series is...
- May 8, 2020
Lightning Talks: Recordings
Digital Learning & Innovation and the Center for Teaching...