Digital Learning & Innovation was established in 2016 to strengthen Boston University’s position as a world-class higher education institution devoted to learning innovation. Our objective is to keep BU competitive in a changing world by:
- Improving faculty experiences
- Increasing student engagement and success
- Supporting recruitment and retention, and
- Making better use of all our learning resources
Our mission is to harness the opportunities of digital technologies and pedagogical innovations to ensure that Boston University retains and strengthens its position as a world-class educational institution in the face of systemic transformation in higher education.
Helping Faculty Thrive in the Emerging BU Learning Environment
DL&I is managed by the Office of the Associate Provost for Digital Learning & Innovation. We provide consulting, funding, project management, and training to help all of BU embrace student-centered learning, including learning that is facilitated by technology.
We coordinate and collaborate with other online and digital programs at BU. Through our Pedagogy team The Center for Teaching & Learning, our Technology team Educational Technology/EdTech, our Innovation team Digital Initiatives, we offer:
- Innovative pilots and experiments to engage residential and distance learners
- Blended classrooms and hybrid curricula
- Fully online courses and certificate programs
- Technology-enabled mentoring and collaboration
- Video production capability to aid in developing multimedia class materials
- Jul 22, 2021
Turnitin Draft Coach For Google Docs
Introducing Turnitin Draft Coach™ - Students can now use...
- Jul 20, 2021
Turnitin Draft Coach – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Find answers to commonly asked questions about using Turnitin...
- Jul 16, 2021
Promising Practices in Teaching Public Health
In this point of view, BU School of Public...
- Jun 30, 2021
Best Practices: Hybrid Meetings with Zoom
Virtual and hybrid meetings are here to stay. Learn...