Digital Learning & Innovation was established in 2016 to strengthen Boston University’s position as a world-class higher education institution devoted to learning innovation. Our objective is to keep BU competitive in a changing world by:
- Improving faculty experiences
- Increasing student engagement and success
- Supporting recruitment and retention, and
- Making better use of all our learning resources
Our mission is to harness the opportunities of digital technologies and pedagogical innovations to ensure that Boston University retains and strengthens its position as a world-class educational institution in the face of systemic transformation in higher education.
Helping Faculty Thrive in the Emerging BU Learning Environment
DL&I is managed by the Office of the Associate Provost for Digital Learning & Innovation. We provide consulting, funding, project management, and training to help all of BU embrace student-centered learning, including learning that is facilitated by technology.
We coordinate and collaborate with other online and digital programs at BU. Through our Pedagogy team The Center for Teaching & Learning, our Technology team Educational Technology/EdTech, our Innovation team Digital Learning Initiative/DLI, and our work with BU’s Office of Distance Education/ODE we offer:
- Innovative pilots and experiments to engage residential and distance learners
- Blended classrooms and hybrid curricula
- Fully online courses and certificate programs
- Technology-enabled mentoring and collaboration
- Video production capability to aid in developing multimedia class materials
- December 13, 2017
Creating for 360 Degrees: Designing UX and Environments for Virtual Reality
Interest is growing in how virtual reality can play...
- December 7, 2017
Incubating New Ideas to Solve the Innovation Paradox
Every university faces what authors Brosnan, Udas, and Wade...
- December 6, 2017
Attend Zspace Session on Augmented and Virtual Reality-based Learning
Digital Learning & Innovation has invited ZSpace experts to demonstrate the latest in...
- November 27, 2017
BU Hub Updates for Proposers
There are newly-updated General Education Committee (GEC) Guidelines for...