Digital Learning & Innovation was established in 2016 to strengthen Boston University’s position as a world-class higher education institution devoted to learning innovation. Our objective is to keep BU competitive in a changing world by:
- Improving faculty experiences
- Increasing student engagement and success
- Supporting recruitment and retention, and
- Making better use of all our learning resources
Digital Learning & Innovation (DL&I) and its affiliated units—the Center for Teaching & Learning (CTL), Educational Technology (EdTech), and Digital Initiatives—help Boston University leadership, faculty, and staff implement innovative ideas in digital education by incubating select pilot projects, and offer BU educators consultation, training, and production support in the areas of teaching, technology, and online education.
Helping Faculty Thrive in the Emerging BU Learning Environment
DL&I is managed by the Office of the Associate Provost for Digital Learning & Innovation. We provide consulting, funding, project management, and training to help all of BU embrace student-centered learning, including learning that is facilitated by technology.
We coordinate and collaborate with other online and digital programs at BU. Through our Pedagogy team The Center for Teaching & Learning, our Technology team Educational Technology/EdTech, our Innovation team Digital Initiatives, we offer:
- Innovative pilots and experiments to engage residential and distance learners
- Blended classrooms and hybrid curricula
- Fully online courses and certificate programs
- Technology-enabled mentoring and collaboration
- Video production capability to aid in developing multimedia class materials
- Oct 24, 2021
Cultivating Transferable Digital Skills Part 2
Digital literacy is a necessary skill to succeed in...
- Sep 24, 2021
Re-imagining Connectivity: Networked Learning in the Pandemic Era
In this point of view, Center for Teaching &...
- Sep 23, 2021
Inside Look at Prepare with CARE: Chemistry Active-learning Resources for Educators
Learn about the DL&I Incubator CARE project from project...
- Sep 17, 2021
Lightning Talks Fall 2021 Speaker Series: Exploring Innovations in Teaching & Technology
The Lightning Talks series is a reflection and learning...